New to Resin Printing: Here is what you need!
If you are thinking about getting into resin printing, there might be a few items to consider that usually don't come with a resin printer.
List of materials & tools needed:
- Resin Printer
- Printer with power supply
- Build plate & metal scraper
- Resin vat & plastic vat scraper
- Resin material
- Water Washable
- Resin Filter - if your printer is idle, resin should be filtered and stored away.
- Resin Funnel - most that come with the printer are too small for your resin bottles
- Safety Gear
- Safety Eye Glasses
- Rubber/Latex Gloves
- Isopropyl for cleaning up print area
- Isopropyl for cleaning washing prints
- Silicone mat for print area
- Small Level - Resin printers should be level
- UV oven or light - A UV LED light strip and some mirrors are a great diy option but there are more professional options as well.
- USB/SD Card for printer to read digital files from
- Slicer Software: PC with recommended slicer software installed - PZSlice or Chitubox
- Modeling Software: SketchUp, Fusion 360 or other CAD modelling software - this optional, plenty of free models to be "sliced" for printing.
Once you have acquired all the nessecary equipment, there will be a a setup and configuration required for your printer and post process materials that may be required. We will be provide this information in one of our upcoming articles.
Stay tuned on our social platforms or sign up to our newsletter to be notifed when we post a new articles.